One of my fellow knotties, Lindsay introduced me to this wonderful dish. Her blog, Love Deliciousness is one of my favorites. I have to post this dish because I know others will like it as well. This dish is easy to make and is easily one of Spencer's all-time favorites.
* 1 lb ground beef
* 1 packet taco seasoning
* 15 oz. tomato sauce
* 8 oz. seashell pasta
* 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened in microwave
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef, drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
3. Mix softened cream cheese and sour cream in separate bowl.
4. Spray bottom of 9x13 pan. Put pasta in bottom of pan.
5. Spread cream cheese mixture over pasta.
6. Spoon ground meat mixture over this.
7. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
8. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
It will easily become one of your favorites too!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
*1 lb. firm ripe tomatoes, chopped
COMBINE tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper in medium bowl.
ADD dressing and salt; toss lightly.
SERVE immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Friday, November 14, 2008
I love Carmella's Chicken Rigatoni from Macaroni Grill, but I can't have it everyday. This is the next best thing. I found this to be very filling. Be prepared to do NOTHING afterwards. You just want to sit on the couch and let this digest...lol.
I didn't add the caramelized onions as I did not want to do another step so I left it out and it still tasted exactly like the real thing.
I found this recipe on recipezaar.com
As leftovers, the oil separated from the pasta and tasted quite different the next day. I suggest eating this the night you prepared it. You might even want to scale down the serving sizes if you cook for two.
- 6 ounces butter-flavored oil (I used EVOO & butter)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 12 ounces grilled chicken
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 6 ounces caramelized onion
- 6 ounces cooking wine
- 20 ounces heavy cream
- 24 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- In a hot sauté pan add butter flavored oil, mushrooms, chicken, basil, caramelized onions, salt and pepper and sauté for approximately 60 to 90 seconds.
- Add the wine and sauté for 60 seconds. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil over high heat. Dip pre-cooked pasta in boiling water for 10 seconds, drain thoroughly.
- Put pasta in sauté pan and sauté until well incorporated. Toss briefly over fire, add parmesan cheese and continue to toss until cheese is completely incorporated.
- Transfer to plate, garnish with parsley.